2. When working out how much time something will take you to complete, multiply it by five and you'll be somewhere close.
3. You will not look or feel glamorous at any time.
4. People will say things like 'well it's got a lot of potential' and 'you've defintely got vision'. What they are actually politely trying to say is: 'I'm a little confused as to why you willingly signed yourself up to this' and 'You might be a little bit delusional.'
5. Toddlers and renovating is never a fun combination, regardless of how cute they might look in a brief moment captured on film.
6. The money will vanish before your eyes and no one will be waiting with a sneaky $10000 or voucher to bail you out.
7. The feeling of getting somewhere finally and seeing your home transform is the best feeling ever.
Have you got another point to add? I'm off to go collapse in an exhausted heap. We move over the next two days!!